Welcome to Meditation Monday’s! Each Monday I will create a new video for you to meditate with. I draw from many different meditation technologies to bring you a variety of breath, mudra, guided and kundalini yoga meditations. This first in the series is adapted from the Kundalini Yoga tradition. Enjoy!
Feel free to check out my other services here.
Have you gained weight like I have over the last few months? Are you doing everything right as far as diet and exercise but the weight won’t budge? During an Intuitive Reading with a client recently I was gifted with the reason why so many of us have gained weight lately.
Those of us who are empaths (energetically sensitive) are feeling overwhelmed, anxious, ungrounded, scattered and downright crazy at times. We live in challenging age which makes us want to disconnect from the chaos by energetically leaving our body. As a result of this disconnect, our bodies are putting on extra pounds to try and keep us in them. We are not being betrayed by our bodies we are being helped in a very primal way. You are a physical being and an energetic one as well. The physical is the home for the energetic. The physical body speaks to us through pain and pleasure and weight loss and weight gain.
I believe that staying present in the body can bring us back into balance. Here are some suggestions on how to accomplish this:
- an intentional movement like yoga or dance
- being in nature. Put your bare feet on the Earth and your back up against a tree
- playing with children and animals
- apply root lock. Squeeze the sphincter muscle, sex organs, and lower abdominals and hold as up to 30 sec. Release and repeat until you feel back in your body. (do not apply root lock if pregnant or menstruating)
- visualize roots growing from the bottoms of your feet and plunging into the Earth and grounding you there.
- carry your favorite stones in your pockets. Hematite, tiger’s eye, apache tear, etc. are all excellent stones to help you ground.
- place a few drops of essential oil on the bottom of your feet. Clary sage, cypress, lavender are just a couple you can try.
Let me know if you have been experiencing this too. It helps to know that we are not alone. Find out more about me here.